Official Termination Date
The official date of termination of a student shall be the last date of recorded attendance when withdrawal occurs in any of the following manners:
- The school receives notice of the student’s intention to discontinue the training program; or,
- The student is terminated for a violation of a published school policy which provides for termination; or,
- A student, without written notice to the institution, fails to attend classes for thirty calendar days.
Refund Before Entering Classes
- You will receive a full refund of all money paid if you are not accepted by the school.
- You will receive a full refund of all money paid if the applicant withdraws not later than midnight on the fifth business day (excluding Sundays and holidays) after signing the contract or making an initial payment, provided that the applicant has not commenced training.
- After five business days (excluding Sundays and holidays), the school may retain $100.00 of the registration fee. “Registration Fee” refers to any fee, however named, covering those expenses incurred by an institution in processing student applications and establishing a student records system.
Refund After Entering Classes
- If you terminate during the first week or ten percent (10%) of contracted instructional time, whichever is less, the school may retain ten percent (10%) of tuition costs plus established registration fee.
- If you terminate after the first week or ten percent (10%) of instruction, whichever is less, but prior to completion of twenty-five percent (25%) of contracted instructional time, the school may retain twenty-five percent (25%) of tuition costs plus established registration fee.
- If you terminate after completion of twenty-five (25%) percent but prior to completion of fifty percent (50%) of contracted instructional time, the school may retain fifty percent (50%) of tuition cost plus established registration fee.
- If you terminate after completion of more than fifty percent (50%) of contracted instructional time, the school may retain the full tuition (100%) cost plus established registration fee.
- If a school continues to operate under its license but discontinues instruction in any program after training of students has begun, the students enrolled in the discontinued program are entitled to a pro-rata refund of all tuition and fees paid unless comparable training is arranged by the school to be provided at another public or private vocational school and such arrangements are agreed to in writing by the student except as provided by WAC 490-100-220(4).
- Notice in advance of the discontinuance must be provided to the agency and to students in writing, including at the least data required under WAC 490-100-220(2).
- The term “discontinued” generally applies to the elimination by the school of a particular course offering prior to its completion. However, the term includes circumstances where program(s) commenced at a specific location under terms of an enrollment agreement are relocated to substituted physical site.
- A student affected by relocation may voluntarily accept transportation and other arrangements offered by the school in order to continue his/her training or may file a refund claim.
- If the school discontinues instruction in any program after students enter training, including circumstances where the school changes its location, students must be notified in writing of such events and are entitled to a pro-rata refund of all tuition and fees paid unless comparable training is arranged for by the school and agreed upon, in writing, by the students. A written request for such a refund must be made within 90 days from the date the program was discontinued or relocated and the refund must able paid within 30 days after receipt of such a request.
Termination By The School
A student who fails to maintain satisfactory progress, violates safety regulations, interferes with other students’ work, is boisterous, vulgar or obscene, under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or does not make timely tuition payments is subject to immediate termination.
Cancellation of Classes
The school reserves the right to cancel a starting class if the number of students enrolling is deemed insufficient. Such cancellation will be considered a rejection by the school and the student is entitled to a full refund of all money paid. The school reserves the rights to suspend, cancel, or postpone a class or classes after training has begun in the event of an occurrence that unavoidably limits the use of school facilities, such as fire, flood, storm, war, or civil disorder. In such case a pro-rata refund will be made of any fees or tuition prepaid by the student, unless the student elects to continue the training in a later class.